Do I Need a Tooth Extraction?
There are times when getting a tooth pulled is the best option for your health and appearance. But it’s not something to be afraid of; at Rotem Dental Care, we make this process easy and comfortable.
Some of the oral issues that call for teeth extractions include:
- Tooth decay or infection to the point where the tooth cannot be salvaged.
- Gum disease and the weakening of soft tissue.
- High risk for tooth infection or other damage (such as with impacted teeth).
- Supernumerary teeth that prevent new teeth from growing.
- Fractured or weak teeth.
- A tooth getting in the way of new dental work (like dentures).
- Unattractive teeth that distract from appearance.
- An overcrowded mouth or misaligned bite.
How Does a Tooth Extraction Work?
If you meet with us and a tooth extraction is deemed the way to go, we should begin the process as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your teeth. We’ll provide you with a local anesthetic so that you feel no pain at all during the extraction.
You can also opt for our sedation dentistry if that makes you feel more comfortable. We’ll gently rock the tooth back and forth until it loosens and frees itself from the jawbone. Sometimes, a few stitches will be required afterwards to prevent bleeding.
Benefits of Teeth Extractions
Extractions can be advantageous to your health, appearance, and oral comfort. They can prevent further cracking or weakening of a tooth as well as the spread of disease or infection. Additionally, getting your offending tooth pulled is a cost-effective option. And best of all, extractions can leave you with a beautiful, healthy smile.
If you have a tooth that’s causing you pain or discomfort, we have the solution at Rotem Dental Care. Give us a call today and we’ll determine if an extraction is the right course of action for you.